Atlanta Track Club’s Grand Prix is a series of 12 events (in 2015) where runners compete in two categories- performance and participation.
In Performance category the participants earn points in Overall (Open/Masters) Division and Age Group Division.
1st Place – 100 Points
2nd Place – 80 Points
3rd Place – 60 Points
4th Place – 40 Points
5th Place – 20 Points
In Participation category
6th Place and beyond – 10 Points are awarded to anyone who completes the event.
The current Grand Prix Standings can be viewed here
2015 Grand Prix Schedule:
9 of 12 events are free to members and $10 for non-members. The *’ed events are must pay events for all.
January 1 – Resolution Run 4 Miler & 1 Mile*
January 24 – Peachtree City 5K & 10K
February 7 – Hearts & Soles 5K
February 14 – Spring Tune-Up 8K & 15K
April 18 – Singleton 5K & 10K
May 12 – Timed Track & Field Event
June 2 – Timed Track & Field Event
July 18 – Decatur/Dekalb 4 Miler
August 8 – Jog Days of Summer 5K
August 22 – Atlanta’s Finest 5K*
September 26 – Cross Country Invitational
October 25 – Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K*
The rules of the 2015 Grand Prix season:
- Participants must be current members of Atlanta Track Club
- No minimum events required
- All who participate in at least one event are included in the standings
- All who complete at least 6 events in the series receive a performance t-shirt
- All who complete all 12 events in the series receive the David Jordan Bunny Award
- Overall (Open/Masters) division winners are not eligible for Age Group division awards
- A Grand Prix participant’s age group is determined by the participant’s age on December 31, 2015
David Jordan Bunny Award
For ten years (1999-2008), David Jordan, a member of Atlanta Track Club, ran every single race in the Grand Prix Series. He is the embodiment of runner’s dedication and determination. The David Jordan Bunny Award is presented to all Grand Prix participants who successfully complete every event in the series.
Why “Bunny”? – because David completed every race each year and had seemingly endless energy, like the Energizer Bunny!